Relishing Experience – Spiced Carrot Cake with Almond Sauce by Sneha Padnani

Last month, i.e, July 2014 was extremely special. My dad, Naresh Dudani, retired from his post of 'Acting News Editor' in leading daily newspaper, ‘The Indian Express.’ His retirement happened a day before his birthday – 21st July 2014.

To celebrate this occasion, we of course needed something unique. That is when my friend and home baker Sneha Padnani came in. I encountered her through an amazing Facebook group, ‘Foodaholics in Ahmedabad.’ Her posts about her food experiments had completely intoxicated me. Hence, for my father’s 58th birthday cum his first retirement day, I asked her to bake a cake.



After some discussions, I zeroed down to ‘Spiced Carrot Cake.’ However, it was not the usual cake as it came with a sauce. It is her (Sneha’s) specialty to serve cake with a complimenting sauce. So, our Spiced Carrot Cake came along with Almond sauce.

On the big day, with my family and friends, I waited eagerly to have a bite of the cake. As the party started, my dad cut the cake and I finally got a chance to taste the amazing flavors. The cake as the name goes had carrot, some spices to make it spicy, dry fruits and dash of cinnamon, which made it more scrumptious.

The almond sauce complimented the cake well and the balanced flavors amalgamated with each other perfectly. It was a combination that only Sneha can provide and a taste, which can only be felt and not described. Still, I tried my best to describe my experience.


Enjoy the pics! 


Now, you can share your journey/experience of food whether it is in a renowned restaurant or a roadside stall with me. E-mail me the details and I will blog it for you. Send in your experiences with photos at cuisinesbynikita@gmail.com@gmail.com having 'Journey of a foodie' in subject line.

Comments