Raw Mango and Green Moong Dal Chilled Soup
Raw Mango and Green Moong Dal Chilled soup is a quick fix. Since it has been very hot, I refrained from going into kitchen. However, when I read the ingredients for #FiaSummerEnergizer, I thought, I had to do something easy.
Hence this soup. I wasn’t sure how would it turn out as I used whatever the ingredients I had. Luckily, they matched the ingredients we were given. But after cooking this, when I tasted it, I was very happy with the flavors, which blended so well. And it is a whole meal in itself. A Very healthy option as it has minimal spices and all healthy stuff. The good thing about this soup was, my dad loved it too. That was a bonus for me as I tried something very very new!
- Sliced raw mango – 1
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1.2 tsp
- Sugar – 2-3 tsp
- Water – ¼ cup
- Soaked Green Moong Dal – ¼ cup
- Salt – as required
- Curd – ½ cup
- Mint leaves – 7-8
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Chili Flakes – 1 tsp
- Boil soaked green moong dal with little salt. Drain excess water and let it come at room temperature.
- In a pan, heat oil, add sliced cumin, raw mango, sugar, and water. Cook it till raw mango are tender or water is evaporated. Bring it to room temperature.
- In a blender, add raw mango chutney, boiled green moong daal, curd, oregano, chili flakes, mint leaves and blend to a smooth paste.
- Chill it for 1 – 2 hours and serve.