Raw Mango & Sweet Corn Salsa Vol Au Vents

My most relishing item of summer is raw mango. The sour flavor compliments well with any dish and is good to beat the heat too. Summer is one of the season where I add raw mango to every dish. It enhances the taste.

Another favorite ingredient for every season is sweet corn. Just like raw mango, I can add them to anything and everything.


When I was expecting some guests at my place and wanted a starter, which is quick, easy and tasty – vol au vent were my choice. But what should I put in them – that question haunted me. After a lot of thinking, I thought of salsa, as it would bring a refreshing touch to the crack-y vol au vent.

Innovation being the key, I decided to combine my two love – raw mango and sweet corn. Here’s the quick recipe of raw mango and corn salsa:


Ingredients:
  • Diced/Sliced raw mango – 3 – 4 medium
  • Sweet corn kernel – ¼ cup
  • Diced & Deseeded tomato – 1
  • Diced/Sliced Onion – 1
  • Tomato Puree – ½ pack
  • Salt – as per taste
  • Red chili powder – ½ tsp
  • Oregano – 1 tsp
  • Chili flakes – 1 tsp
  • Oil – 1 tsp

For Serving:
  • Mint Mayonnaise – as required

Method:
  • In a pan, heat the oil.
  • Add onion and sauté them till they are translucent.
  • Throw in tomatoes, sweet corn kernels, raw mango, and tomato puree. Mix and add all the spices – chili powder, chili flakes, salt, and oregano.
  • Let it cook on slow flame for 3-5 minutes.
  • Your salsa is ready to serve.



Platting:
  • In a serving plate, place the empty vol au vents. Let there be space between them.
  • Put in salsa and top it with mint mayonnaise.
  • If you cannot find mayonnaise, you can use shredded cheese, mint chutney, flavored yogurt/curd, or any other preferable topping. 

Comments