Tamarind Kachalu/Arbi

This recipe is one of my dad’s favorite. I have faint memories of having it in my childhood. At that time, I think I didn’t like it that much. However, now, I made it, I grew extremely found of it.


Assuring myself that it is going to be a regular at my place. A simple and quick recipe, here’s how to make it:


Ingredients:
  • Boiled Kachalu/Arbi – ½ kg
  • Tamarind – ¼ cup or as many that come in your palm
  • Salt – As taste
  • Black Pepper – 1 tsp



Method:
  • Boil Kachalu/Arbi till they are half done. I usually add salt with the boiling water. You can opt to add it later.
  • Dice them and keep aside.
  • Soak Tamarind for 4-5 hours. Squeeze it to form a thick pulp. ¼ cup of tamarind normally gives around good ½ - 1 cup pulp.

  • In a serving bowl, put Kachalu/Arbi.
  • Pour around 5-6 tablespoon of tamarind pulp.
  • Add black pepper and salt (if not added earlier).
  • Serve it!

Comments