Food Review | Panchavati Gaurav | Prahladnagar |

Gujarati Thali’s are pride of Gujarat – there’s no doubt in that. It also depends on how the Thali is in taste and looks. As its rightly said, first you eat with eyes and then mouth.

I’m fan of Gujarati food but I don’t like sweet things. So I am very selective when it comes to try traditional Thali’s. My recent visit to Panchavati Gaurav, a new food joint that serves authentic Gujarati and Rajasthani Thali, was pleasant one.  



As they were filling up the plate, my heart was beating with joy and at same time wondering how would I finish all the yummy stuff. But I did. Here’s a brief of what was served in the plate.


Starters:

Trianga Dhokla: Dhokla is a typical Gujarati snack that is made from either gram flour or Sooji/ semolina. Since, I had gone on 26th January, the dhokla has pretty tri-colors that are used in our Indian flag. Just right in spices and taste, they were soft and delicious.

Half – Samosa: This was innovative. A smaller version of samosa and it was dipped in chutney and sev to give it a crunch. I liked the fact that it wasn’t too oily. Being a fried snack, I loved its flavors that were distinctively incorporated as too much oil can dampen the taste. I was glad it wasn’t so.

Salad: The simple and refreshing cucumber and tomato salad. Quite a crunch it provided in the entire meal.




Main Course:

The traditional sabzi’s included Moong (whole green gram) sabzi, Aloo (potatoes) sabzi, and Undhiyu. They all had their authentic flavors in place and I loved the simplicity it was cooked with. With it was Paneer ki sabzi that was pure heavenly.

I loved the fact that this place had option of choosing between traditionally sweet dal or the regular spicy one. I went for other one as I said I don’t like sweet that much. 

Team up with the awesome Khichdi; they serve – it will complete your meal.
Indian breads like Puri, Roti, and Bajri ki roti topped with ghee and jaggery. Eat them hot, their softness will capture your heart.

Any Indian meal is incomplete without dessert. In our plate the dessert was Gulab Jamun, Basundi, and ice-cream.

Overall, the experience was really finger licking good.

The service is quick and efficient. They ensure that every guest is having a good time and they do help you with choices. 


Cost for two: 700 INR

Ambience: 3/5

Service & Staff: 4/5

Food: 4.5/5

Thanks for stopping by and reading the post. Share your valuable comments and suggestions with us. Reach out to us:

Email us : cuisinesbynikita@gmail.com

Follow us at:

Twitter - @StrokesOfPen

Instagram - @StrokesOfPen

Zomato - Nikita Dudani

Like us at Facebook - Strokes Of Pen


Panchavati Gaurav Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments